We are on the lookout for a powerful storyteller and wordsmith, who can bring people along on our mission to power thousands of climate tech companies through our climate private equity investing. As our Copywriter, you will be responsible for ideating, researching and executing copy that resonates with our audience, inspires action and ultimately helps grow our community.
In this role, you will join our marketing team to develop content that drives brand awareness and lead generation. Your work will position us as the go-to source for insights at the intersection of climate impact and private equity. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with our experienced impact and investment teams.
If you're a self-starter with a passion for creating impactful content, this is a position for you! Join us in our mission to invest billions into climate tech with millions of people.
Note: We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected. As part of this commitment, we encourage individuals from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for our open positions, even if you don't meet all of the qualifications listed in the job description.
- You write clear, concise, and compelling copy that meets the needs of the target audience
- You have experience creating on-brand, customer-focused copy across a variety of channels, including blogs, social media, email marketing, video and website
- You have a strong passion and curiosity for the transition to a net zero economy
- You have a strong passion or drive to learn about financial markets and investing
- You are able to challenge the status quo, bring new ideas, and make creative suggestions to increase the impact of our communications
- You enjoy diving deep into topics and conducting research
- You collaborate well with other teams to gather information for marketing materials
- You like to take ownership of specific projects and initiatives, seeing them through from ideation to execution.
- You work and seek collaboration across the organization to safeguard a consistent tone of voice by proofreading and editing copy that has been written by other members of the team
- You pay close attention to detail and have the ability to adapt to brand voice and style guidelines
- You have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate and present ideas to internal and external stakeholders.
- 2+ years of experience in copywriting or content creation, with examples of work showcasing your skills
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or a related field
- Strong command of (American) English and Dutch
- You have a proven understanding of and a strong passion for climate tech
- Experience or a background in financial markets and/or investing is preferred
- Located in the Netherlands or willing to relocate and has a permit to work in the Netherlands
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and how to optimize content for search engines is considered a plus
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
We are looking for a copywriter who can make climate fund investing exciting and understandable while maintaining compliance and trustworthiness. Your words will help empower people to continue on their climate investing journey. Below are your key responsibilities and deliverables:
- Monitor key media, conduct thorough research and stay up-to-date on climate and private equity industry trends for us to write about
- Collaborate with subject matter experts within Carbon Equity to ensure accurate, informative and unique content
- Further develop our tone of voice and messaging to set us apart from competitors and establish trust with potential customers
- Edit and proofread all copy to ensure accuracy, clarity and consistency
- Take ownership of specific projects and initiatives, seeing them through from ideation to execution.
Articles, blogs and other written content
- Build our online presence with timely short and long-form content, for example:
- What is a good climate tech investment?
- Investing in (climate) private equity during uncertain times
- Is now the time to invest in climate tech?
- Rolling list of climate tech unicorns
- Research and create company profiles for each of our portfolio companies detailing the problem, the technology and its competitive advantage
- Support with website and landing copy
- Support with Impact in your Inbox, our monthly newsletter, by, for example:
- Doing deep dives into climate tech topics like precision fermentation, long-duration energy storage, nuclear fission and much more
- Summarizing the most interesting climate tech (investing) trends
- Conducting research that turns complicated data points into understandable insights
- Write our fund updates that keep our investors up-to-date on their investments
- Turn your blogs or other written content into digestible pieces for social
- Support with the daily posting on social media and support our founders with posting on social media
- Ensure accuracy, clarity and consistency in all sales materials, like fund presentations and email sequences
Other content creation
- Help create online ads and contribute to video creation
SEO (with the help of the marketing team, if needed)
- Improve our search engine visibility by incorporating relevant keywords and phrases into your content
- Research and incorporate relevant keywords and phrases
What's in it for you?
- You’re part of the mission — that's why we offer all of our employees a stock option plan based on experience
- Work at a freshly funded fintech with endless ambitions
- Lots of room to bring your own ideas and the mandate to work on them
- Hybrid work culture with flexible hours, given that you are at the office at least 3 days a week
- Headquarters located in the heart of Amsterdam, close to the Nieuwmarkt
- Full-time position
- 25 holiday days
- Bi-annual company offsites
How to apply 👋
Send your resume, relevant previous work (if you have it) and a brief motivation letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. We will keep the vacancy open until we have found our ideal copywriter.
- First interview: 30-minute interview with Michael, our Content Lead (online or in person)
- Second interview: 30-minute interview with Gijs, our Head of Marketing (online or in person)
- We will ask you to complete a writing assignment to assess your fit
- Third interview: 45-minute interview with Jacqueline, Co-Founder and CEO (preferably in person, online possible)
Applications via LinkedIn are not accepted. Our internal recruitment team is solely responsible for identifying and selecting candidates for our roles. While we appreciate your enthusiasm to contribute as an intermediary, our current recruitment process does not involve external agencies, and we do not engage with them.
About Carbon Equity
At Carbon Equity, we believe that the best way to accelerate decarbonization with your money is by investing in companies that are bringing innovative climate technologies to market. Think of technologies like alternative proteins, zero-carbon cement, nuclear fusion and electric heat pumps.
Since most of these companies are still startups and scaleups, they are funded on the private market via venture capital and growth equity funds. These funds have high barriers to entry, with minimum tickets in the millions. With Carbon Equity, we are working to open up this world of climate private market investing.
In line with that mission, we’ve built the leading climate investment platform for everyday investors. A platform that makes private equity and venture capital accessible by removing traditional high capital barriers, jargon and complexities. We connect our investors’ investments to the leading climate venture capital and private equity funds so they can sit back, relax and see their capital make real climate impact.
We are a solidly funded company, giving us the capital to scale toward our mission. We are currently a team of 30 and growing rapidly. Are you ready to bring this mission to life with with us? 🚀