About Carbon Equity
Carbon Equity is the world's first climate venture capital and private equity investment platform.
Carbon Equity was founded with the goal of helping people have a material climate impact with their money while making a good return in the process. We believe that investing in companies bringing innovative climate technologies to market is the best way to accelerate decarbonization. Think of alternative proteins, zero-carbon cement, nuclear fusion and electric tractors. Most of these companies are funded on the private market, via venture capital and growth equity funds. Such funds have high barriers to entry, with minimum tickets in the millions. Carbon Equity opens this world of climate private market investing up to individual investors by lowering ticket sizes and bundling investors together.
Besides private investors, we work with many HNWI’s, family offices, foundations, and financial advisors to build a diversified climate portfolio for them (or their clients). While this only represents a small portion of our ±500 investors, a big chunk of our EUR150mn AuM comes from these professional investors.
Carbon Equity is looking for an analyst/associate for its professional solutions team. The role will be focused on raising capital for our funds from family offices, foundations, HNWI’s, and financial advisors. We are looking for someone with strong commercial skills, affinity with VC/PE, and ideally some experience with the professional investor market.
As Professional Solutions Analyst/Associate, you are directly responsible for growing the professional solutions business of Carbon Equity. You will work closely with our head of professional solutions and assist in i) finding new leads, ii) preparing meetings and materials, iii) gradually taking over relationships. You will be the first junior hire in the team, giving you the opportunity to take ownership and grow fast.
The Responsibilities & Deliverables
Co-development of the Carbon Equity professional solutions strategy
- Together with the Head of Professional Solutions you develop the commercial/distribution strategy of Carbon Equity
- You generate high-quality leads amongst others by:
- Leveraging your network
- Generating leads through platforms such as LinkedIn, event etc.
- You conduct calls and/or meetings with potential customers
- You nurture prospects through regular email and call conversations
- You prospect and build relationships with prospective third-party distribution partners (private banks, investment platforms)
- You actively use Hubspot CRM to log all customer interactions, manage tasks and report on results
- You manage one or multiple professional solutions juniors who generate leads and support you
- You ensure Hubspot - our CRM - is consistently updated by you and your team and you set up and maintain dashboards and reports to monitor performance
Coordination with other teams to deliver an end-to-end excellent customer journey
- Together with the marketing team you devise strategies to drive visibility among the relevant target group
- You work closely with the Investment team and regularly attend investment meetings so you are fully informed on the funds we have selected, our portfolio design strategy and climate investment market dynamics
Your experience & competencies
- You have at least one year of relevant experience with private equity, venture capital or investor relations. Experience working with family offices / UHNI’s / foundations is desirable
- You are proficient in the English language and preferably Dutch
- You have strong socials skills and you are not afraid to approach prospective clients at events
- You seek to develop a deep understanding of our product and industry, to have in-depth discussions with prospective clients. Please join our investment meetings to remain informed on our portfolio and market developments
- Ideally (though not mandated) you have a relevant network
- You build trust with prospective customers as a result of being honest, authentic and having a legitimate interest in the wellbeing of your prospective customers
- You deeply care about your (prospective) customers and as a result are attentive and responsive to customer needs
- You are diligent and reliable. You always deliver on your promises.
- You communicate effectively and engagingly. You can explain complex concepts in a simple way. You are able to take people with you.
- You are intrinsically motivated for the role. Talking to (prospective) customers energizes and excites you.
- You are motivated and excited by our mission
- You find ways. You are entrepreneurial and creative in finding new avenues to achieve your results
What we offer
- Work at a well-funded fintech startup that is truly driven to put a dent in climate change
- Become part of a super-talented team of individuals with alumni from Alpinvest, JP Morgan, McKinsey, HAL Investments, Peak Capital and Van Lanschot Kempen.
- Ability to help build the professional solutions team
- Headquarters located in Amsterdam
- Full-time position (at least 4 days a week, with loads of freedom and flexibility)
- Bi-annual company offsites
- Base salary: EUR 3.200-3.700 gross per month depending on your work experience
- Share package: All employees are enrolled in a stock option plan
- 25 holidays
How to apply 👋
Send your resume and a brief motivation to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications via LinkedIn are not accepted.