Jr. Investor Solutions
As a Jr. Investor Solutions, you will be responsible for feeling our commercial pipeline and generating revenue by bringing in new sales leads. Your main responsibility will be to prospect, qualify and research potential customers and provide the commercial team with market intelligence. Additionally, you will be responsible for providing feedback on customer needs and pains to help the commercial and product team better understand our target audience. The role will allow you to work in a fast-growing tea and learn how to build a sales engine from 0-1.
About Carbon Equity
Carbon Equity is the world's first Climate Venture Capital and Private Equity fund investing platform.
Carbon Equity was founded with the goal to help people have real climate impact with their money, while making a solid return in the process. We believe that the best way to accelerate decarbonization is by investing in companies bringing innovative climate technologies to market. Think of alternative proteins, zero-carbon cement, nuclear fusion and electric tractors. Most of these companies are funded on the private market, via venture capital and growth equity funds. Such funds have high barriers to entry, with minimum tickets in the millions. Carbon Equity opens this world of climate private market investing up to individual investors by lowering ticket sizes and bundling investors together.
Through the Carbon Equity platform, we offer low-minimum access to the world's leading climate investment funds. We focus on multiple asset classes including venture capital, private equity, private debt and real assets. Carbon Equity offers you the opportunity to maximize the climate impact of your investible savings. Meanwhile, you get to invest alongside the world's best climate investors and benefit from venture-type returns while mitigating financial risk through a high degree of diversification. You basically cán have your cake 🍰 and it eat it too.
We are a well-funded startup, enabling us to grow rapidly to accomplish our mission. We are an ambitious, diverse and international team of 16, soon to be 20!
The Role & Deliverables
We are looking for a commercial talent who is excited about both climate investing and sales, and is located in the Netherlands or is willing to relocate and has a permit to work in the Netherlands.
Key deliverables will be:
- Developing new business opportunities by researching and identifying potential customers
- Qualifying leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contacting potential customers through LinkedIn outreaches and email campaigns
- Build, drive and maintain organized pipeline and activity records using internal tracking systems
- Building relationships with potential customers
- Understanding customer needs and requirements
- Working with the commercial team to develop and implement strategies to reach targets
- Preparing and delivering sales presentations to prospects
- Answering customer questions and follow-up inquiries
- Tracking sales activities and providing regular reports
- Staying up-to-date with product and industry knowledge
- Attending industry events and conferences
- You have a bachelor’s degree
- You have previous sales experience (preferred but not required)
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You are self-motivated and driven
- You have a strong customer focus
- You have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- You have a big appetite to learn and improve your skills
- You are motivated and excited by our mission
- You find ways. You are entrepreneurial and creative in finding new avenues to achieve your results
- You are fluent in Dutch and can speak and write professional English
Even if you do not have all qualifications, but you are still very excited about the role, you should apply anyways.
What is in it for you
Let's be honest, joining a startup in our early stage has pros and cons. The con is that you have to figure out a lot of shit yourself, you will not seamlessly fit into a well-oiled machine. You kind of have to build the machine yourself. That then of course is the big pro. You get to build the machine yourself 🧰🛠️. Now that is impact. The impact you will have in building a super early stage startup will never be greater. You get to join all internal and external discussions, you get to learn by doing and you get to set the rules and build the groundwork for a future Unicorn 🦄 or Zebra 🦓 or ... well you get to decide just how successful we will be and how much impact we will have.
- Work at a well-funded fintech startup that is truly driven to put a dent in climate change
- Lots of room to bring your own ideas, and the mandate to work on them
- Become part of a super talented team of individuals with alumni from Alpinvest, JP Morgan, McKinsey, HAL Investments, VandeBron, Philips, MessageBird and Van Lanschot Kempen.
- Headquarters located in The Next Web West (Amsterdam), close to the Vondelpark
- Full-time position (at least 4 days a week, with loads of freedom and flexibility)
- Annual company offsite abroad
- Base salary: EUR 2500 - 3500 gross per month depending on your work experience
- Share package: All employees are enrolled in a stock option plan
- Holidays: 25, but who’s counting?
How to apply 👋
Send your resume, full transcript (grades per course for bachelor's and master's degree) and a brief motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications via LinkedIn are not accepted.