About Carbon Equity
Carbon Equity is the world's first climate venture capital and private equity investment platform.
Carbon Equity was founded with the goal to help people have a material climate impact with their money while making a solid return in the process. We believe that the best way to accelerate decarbonization is by investing in companies bringing innovative climate technologies to market. Think of alternative proteins, zero-carbon cement, nuclear fusion and electric tractors. Most of these companies are funded on the private market, via venture capital and growth equity funds. Such funds have high barriers to entry, with minimum tickets in the millions. Carbon Equity opens this world of climate private market investing up to individual investors by lowering ticket sizes and bundling investors together.
Through the Carbon Equity platform, we offer low-minimum access to the world's leading climate investment funds. We focus on multiple asset classes including venture capital, private equity, private debt and real assets. Carbon Equity offers you the opportunity to maximize the climate impact of your investible savings. Meanwhile, you get to invest alongside the world's best climate investors, benefit from venture-type returns while mitigating financial risk through a high degree of diversification. You basically can have your cake 🍰 and eat it too.
We are a well-funded startup, enabling us to grow rapidly to accomplish our mission. We are an ambitious, diverse and international team of 16, soon to be 20!
We invite you to join us on our mission impossible. As the Investor Solutions manager for the Nordics, you are directly responsible for growing the business of Carbon Equity in Sweden and Denmark. You do so through 3 key strategies i) outbound outreach to prospective investors ii) closing third-party distribution partnerships and iii) liaising with the marketing team on strategies to drive inbound lead generation through e.g. content, referral and paid advertising.
The Role & Deliverables
Co-development of the Carbon Equity commercial strategy for the Nordics
- Together with the Head of Investor Solutions you develop the commercial/distribution strategy of Carbon Equity
- You generate high-quality leads amongst others by:
- Leveraging your network
- Generating cold leads through platforms such as LinkedIn - together with a team of Sales Development representatives - who report to you
- You conduct calls and/or meetings with potential customers with the objective of converting prospects into customers
- You nurture prospects through regular email and call conversations
- You prospect and build relationships with prospective third-party distribution partners
- Together with the Professional Solutions team you prospect and build relationships with family offices, asset managers and independent financial advisors
- You actively use Hubspot CRM to log all customer interactions, manage tasks and report on results
- You manage one or multiple Sales Development Representatives who generate outbound leads using LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- You ensure Hubspot - our CRM - is consistently updated by you and your team and you set up and maintain dashboards and reports to monitor performance
Coordination with other teams to deliver an end-to-end excellent customer journey
- Together with the marketing team you devise strategies to drive inbound lead generation in Sweden and Denmark
- You will work together with the product team on developing our understanding of the ideal Nordics customer profile and designing an ideal user experience for customers
Your experience & competencies
- You have at least 5 years of relevant experience with business development. Experience selling complex or financial products is desirable
- You speak Swedish and English fluently
- Ideally (though not mandated) you have a relevant network
- You seek to develop a deep understanding of the products that you sell
- You build trust with prospective customers as a result of being honest, authentic and having a legitimate interest in the wellbeing of your prospective customers
- You deeply care about your (prospective) customers and as a result are attentive and responsive to customer needs
- You seek to deliver the highest standard of customer service. You take pleasure in surprising and/or delighting your customers
- You are diligent and reliable. You always deliver on your promises.
- You communicate effectively and engagingly. You can explain complex concepts in a simple way. You are able to take people with you.
- You are intrinsically motivated for the role. Talking to (prospective) customers energizes and excites you.
- You are motivated and excited by our mission
- You find ways. You are entrepreneurial and creative in finding new avenues to achieve your results
What we offer
- Work at a well-funded fintech startup that is truly driven to put a dent in climate change
- Become part of a super-talented team of individuals with alumni from Alpinvest, JP Morgan, McKinsey, HAL Investments, VandeBron, MessageBird and Van Lanschot Kempen.
- Ability to help build your own team/organization in the Nordics/Stockholm
- Headquarters located in The Next Web West (Amsterdam), close to the Vondelpark
- Full-time position (at least 4 days a week, with loads of freedom and flexibility)
- Ability to work from either Stockholm or Amsterdam
- Bi-annual company offsites
- Base salary: EUR 5.500+ gross per month depending on your work experience
- Share package: All employees are enrolled in a stock option plan
- Holidays: 25, but who’s counting?
How to apply 👋
Send your resume and a brief motivation to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications via LinkedIn are not accepted.