Head of Marketing
About Carbon Equity
Carbon Equity is the world's first Climate Venture Capital and Private Equity fund investing platform.
Carbon Equity was founded to help people have real climate impact with their money, while making a solid return in the process. We believe that investing in companies bringing innovative climate technologies to market is the best way to accelerate decarbonization. Think of alternative proteins, zero-carbon cement, nuclear fusion and electric tractors. Most of these companies are funded on the private market, via venture capital and growth equity funds. Such funds have high barriers to entry, with minimum tickets in the millions. Carbon Equity opens this world of climate private market investing up to individual investors by lowering ticket sizes and bundling investors together.
Through the Carbon Equity platform, we offer low-minimum access to the world's leading climate investment funds. We focus on multiple asset classes including venture capital, private equity, private debt and real assets. Carbon Equity offers you the opportunity to maximize the climate impact of your investible savings. Meanwhile, you get to invest alongside the world's best climate investors, benefit from venture-type returns whilst mitigating financial risk through a high degree of diversification.
We are a well-funded startup, enabling us to grow rapidly to accomplish our mission. We are an ambitious, diverse and international team of 22!
Why we need you:
Carbon Equity is looking for a creative head of marketing with experience in building a B2C brand. You will be responsible for establishing Carbon Equity as a leading brand that people trust, relate to, and enjoy interacting with. The ideal candidate should be a community builder with strong project management skills and experience in developing marketing campaigns from start to finish.
While some might call you a generalist, we prefer to think of you as a marketing Swiss Army knife. You are skilled in various areas, including SEO, digital marketing campaigns, visual content marketing, community building and public relations. You are equipped to handle each aspect of the marketing toolkit and thrive when wearing multiple hats.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
As the Head of Marketing, you will collaborate directly with our CEO and CPO to develop a marketing plan for the upcoming 12 months. You will work closely with the rest of the marketing team, which includes a growth marketer, a content marketing lead and freelancers.
You excel in project management and have extensive experience setting up and executing marketing campaigns. You maintain a bird's-eye view and coordinate sales and marketing activities effectively. You can identify areas where help is needed and are not afraid to jump in when necessary.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess strong leadership and communication skills, as well as extensive knowledge of marketing techniques and strategies. Additionally, the candidate should have a track record of driving marketing initiatives that have increased revenue and brand recognition.
The Role & Deliverables
- Develop and manage our brand strategy, ensuring that our brand messaging is consistent across all channels
- Develop and implement (multi-channel) marketing strategies & campaigns to expand our investor base.
- Analyze marketing data and metrics to measure campaign effectiveness and identify opportunities for optimization.
- Manage our marketing budget to ensure that all marketing activities are aligned with our business objectives and growth targets and that resources are allocated effectively.
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify opportunities and stay ahead of market trends.
- Manage and develop a high-performing marketing team, providing coaching, feedback, and career development opportunities.
- Collaborate with other departments to bring the whole company on board with the marketing initiatives.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest marketing trends and technologies.
Your experience & competencies
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing, with a minimum of 2 years in a leadership position at a (B2C) scale-up
- You are a visionary marketing leader with a strong intuition for building impactful brands and strong marketing campaigns
- Extensive knowledge of marketing techniques and strategies.
- You ideally have hands-on experience with all aspects of marketing including brand building, campaigning, growth hacking and content marketing
- Proven track record of driving marketing initiatives that have increased revenue and brand recognition
- Analytical mindset with the ability to use data to drive decisions
- You are comfortable using a CRM (such as Hubspot) to mine data insights
- You are well-organized and structured, meaning you can lead and execute processes end to end
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to mentor, inspire and motivate a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- You are motivated and excited by our mission
- You find ways — you are entrepreneurial and creative in finding new avenues to achieve results
What we offer
- Work at a well-funded fintech startup that is truly driven to put a dent in climate change
- Become part of a super talented team of individuals with alumni from Alpinvest, JP Morgan, McKinsey, HAL Investments, VandeBron, MessageBird and van Lanschot Kempen
- Ability to help shape and lead a marketing organization and build an impactful brand
- Headquarters located in The Next Web West (Amsterdam), close to the Vondelpark
- Full-time position (at least 4 days a week, with loads of freedom and flexibility)
- Annual company offsites
- Competitive base salary
- Share package: All employees are enrolled in a stock option plan
- Holidays: 25, but who’s counting?
How to apply 👋
Send your resume and a brief motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Applications via LinkedIn are not accepted.