Why we need you
Carbon Equity is the world's first Climate Venture Capital and Private Equity fund investing platform. We are committed to making a real climate impact by investing in companies that bring innovative climate technologies to market. Through our platform, we offer low-minimum access to leading climate investment funds, allowing individual investors to maximize the climate impact of their savings.
Offering investment products to first-time private market investors comes with great responsibility. It means we need to take good care of the capital people entrust us with. We also need to ensure that we pursue our mission within the boundaries of the regulated financial world. As we scale to ever larger numbers of investors, keeping a keen eye on the regulatory guardrails is vital to our success.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
You will work together with our Chief Legal & Risk Officer and our compliance team to execute our regulatory strategy, keep Carbon Equity fully compliant with national and EU laws and regulations from Wft to SFDR and beyond, and engage with our legal and administrative advisors. You will have an important role in managing the the customer due diligence process to onboard investors in our climate funds. We also need your help to subscribe to the global top-tier climate funds that we invest in through our platform.
While being compliant is our highest priority, you will also keep a continuous critical eye on what is truly needed to provide the optimal customer experience. You will support our drive to use technology to improve and automate where we can to enable us to keep accelerating the growth of investors on our platform.
This means you will
- Work directly with the CLRO on managing the compliance cycle.
- Take responsibility for our investor onboarding and due diligence process, including compliance information requests, identifying risks and monitoring customer and partner due diligence.
- Make sure Carbon Equity meets regulatory requirements, both internationally and in the national market. This means you will help draft and update disclosures, advise on fund structuring requirements, review marketing materials, and engage with national and international regulators.
- Managing and executing licensing and approval applications for current and future funds.
- Ensure compliance with GDPR requirements and handle data privacy matters.
You need these qualifications
- You have 3-6 years of experience in KYC/AML, compliance, and/or financial services.
- You have a degree in law, business, economics or a related field.
- Experience with the Wet op het financieel toezicht and alternative investment funds would be considered a plus.
- You are familiar with the requirements of working in a financial-law regulated environment.
- You are entrepreneurial and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- You can work at our office in Amsterdam at least three times a week.
- You are fluent in Dutch and can speak and write professional English.
Even if you don't possess all of these qualifications, we encourage you to apply if you are enthusiastic about the role.
- Work at a well-funded fintech startup that is truly driven to put a dent in climate change
- You will work closely with a talented team with diverse backgrounds and experiences, and be involved in advising all areas of the company.
- Full-time position (at least 4 days a week, with loads of freedom and flexibility)
- Bi-annual company offsites
- Share package: All employees are enrolled in a stock option plan
- 25 vacation days
How to apply
If you are interested in joining our team as a Compliance Analyst, please send your resume and a brief motivation Sophie Hiensch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications via LinkedIn will not be accepted.
We look forward to hearing from you and having you contribute to our mission of driving climate impact through innovative investments!